Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Here are five books I thought I I’d like More and five that I thought I’d like less:
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I was doubtful at first because I expected a very sad book (I mean, children with cancer!). I ‘m glad I read this book, because, although it was sad, it was also incredibly good.
2. Angelfall by Susan Ee – I was hesitant to read another angel book. But this dystopian is absolutely amazing!
3. Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson – I think I was unsure about this one because I really don’t like the cover, BUT this series is SO good. I fell in love with the story and with the awesome heroine.
4. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – This book is big and bold, and I’m always a bit hesitant about historical fiction (except for regency romance!), but this one is a mix of history, religion, fantasy and pure awesomeness! Oh and romance too 🙂
5. The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey – I’ve raved about this book for a while now. I am, admittedly, a coward about anything that smells like horror, but this book was so highly recommended that I jumped in without looking back. I adore this series, it is so good.
6. Wrecked by Anna Davies – I was so ready to love this re-telling of the Little Mermaid fairy tale, but alas, it wasn’t for me.
7. Crash by Lisa McMann – This one is not as bad as all that, I plan to read the series, but I was a bit dissapointed though.
8. Wither by Lauren DeStefano – I just finished the last book in the series (which I liked the best), so it wasn’t horrible. DeStefano’s writing is actually very good, but this story was kind of bittersweet for me.
9. Illuminated by Erica Orloff – This cover is so beautiful, but the story just felt flat to me 🙁
10. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart – Due to all the great reviews I saw and recommendations from others, I was planning on loving this one, but I just couldn’t get into it (what’s wrong with me?!)
What’s in your Top Ten this week?
Note: I’m in a business trip with limited access to internet, but I’ll get back to you as soon as I can!