In this blog we mostly review Young Adult (YA) books, although we are open to review certain Middle Grade (MG), New Adult (NA) and Romances (especially historical). We will gladly accept requests from authors and publishers to read and review the following genres of YA:
- Mystery (Thrillers)
Bee is always on the look-out for YA & MG books that feature LGBTQIA+ main characters and is also always open to review other Middle Grade Contemporary & Fantasy novels. So make sure to send her a request!
Effie is always on the look-out for good NA books so be sure to send those request in her direction!
We don’t accept:
- Non-fiction (such as biographies)
- Comic books
- Books with heavy (and preachy) religious undertones
- Bee does not review novella’s or short stories.
We will accept ARCs and/or finished copies, as well as e-books (Liza & Rachel own a Kindle, so .mobi works best. Bee & Effie prefer ePub). Liza also reviews audiobooks, but she sticks to the same polices and preferences described in this page. We are also willing to hold author interviews and guest posts, and participate in blog tours. We will accept certain self-published books, but please be conscious that we cannot possibly accept all the requests we receive, as we want to give each book the attention it deserves. Physical review copies that we are not interested in will be donated to the library or passed along to someone else.
If we accept a book for review we cannot guarantee that it will be read or that we will be able to post a review. BUT, we will try our best to post a review the month before, the month of or the month after the book is expected to be published. We will post all our reviews on this blog and on Goodreads. We can also post any review in Amazon and Barnes & Noble upon request.
The summary for our reviews comes from Goodreads and the review contains the honest opinion of the reviewer and our impression about the book. It may also have comments about the characters, the cover of the book, the plot, and quality of writing. We will try to keep our reviews spoiler free.
Rating: As of March 17th (when this blog moved to WordPress) our reviews will be based on a five star rating scale (prior reviews were based on a grade [A-F] rate.)
Thank you for your consideration and for your interest!
I will be happy to host giveaways for my readers. Contests will be limited to the United States, unless otherwise stated. Here are other things you should know:
- All entrants must be 13 years of age or older (we have no way of knowing your age, so please be honest)
- Either Bee or Liza will notify the winner via email, as well as posted in the blog and Twitter if needed (please do not leave your address in a comment or blog post)
- You will have 48 hours to email back or we will choose another winner
- We am not responsible for lost items
- We will send out your prize within two weeks of the end of the contest
- Please note that some prizes are sent directly by the author, publisher or advertisement agency. In those cases we are only responsible for providing your information to the party hosting the giveaway. However, please let us know if you have not received your price within a reasonable time and we will make an effort to contact them for you.
We reserve the right to change these policies at any time when need arises.
Disclaimer and FTC Disclosure
This is a personal blog and is not being used for any commercial purposes, which means we are not receiving money for writing reviews. We have purchased or borrowed all the books we reviewed unless stated otherwise in the post (look at the “source” in each post). Some books are provided to us from the author or publisher, free of charge, with the understanding that our intention is to read it and provide feedback in the form of an honest review. We are not compensated in any way in exchange for positive reviews, and we don’t let anything other than the book’s contents affect our opinions and review.
If any of the original features of this blog inspire you, please give the proper credit to the blog. No part of this blog may be used without written permission from Liza, Bee or Rachel. Thank you for respecting that.
Updated January 2016