Mirror Mirror is a brand-new feature that replaces the old Stacking The Shelves/Weekly Recap posts. Bieke decided to make her own original feature because it was more than just a STS or recap post.
In My Life
~ I’m on school holidays! Can I get me a hallelujah!? I’ve been waiting for this all term. Thank goodness it’s here! I’ve been having the most amazing, relaxing, wonderful time. Most of my family is off at Melbourne for a sporting event my brother is involved with, but my Granny and I stayed behind – yeah, we’re really, really not sports people – and had a little holiday of our own. We’ve been to libraries and bookstores galore (we’re both nerds like that), we went down to Victor Harbour for a couple of days which was just fantastic and best of all, I haven’t done a single lick of homework in over a week. I feel amazing! Honestly. Because of this, also, I won’t be doing a haul this week. I got quite a few books so I thought I’d do a separate holiday haul – stay tuned!
~ I’ve been binge watching TV shows like no one’s business lately and I’ve caught up on so many shows!
~ I participated in this October’s #YASH (YA Scavenger Hunt) and had so much fun! It was a bit nerve-wracking at first because I had limited wifi during my holiday and I was scared I couldn’t finish in time but it all worked out in the end. I’ve discovered so many new authors to check out and talked to some great people so if you haven’t done the #YASH before, I’d certainly recommend looking into it for next April.
New on my Shelves
Like I said I’m going to do a holiday haul soon so look forward to that. Over the last week, I’ve got a bunch of ARCs, won a giveaway or two, and hit a few library sales and op shops so there is a LOT to show you!
What You Might’ve Missed On the Blog!
[Sept 28] Book Blitz: Giveaway & Excerpt – Hookah by Cameron Jace
[Sept 29] Bookish Babble: The Lunar Chronicles Tag
[Sept 30] WoW #104: Stars by Colleen Oakes
[Oct 1] Bieke’s Reviews: The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
[Oct 2] Rachel’s Mini Reviews: Some Pleasant Surprises
[Oct 3] Bookish Babble: Updates on Bee’s Writing Projects
Read This Week:
My holidays have been taking up my time and my reading habits have well, kind of slipping. One day I’ll managed to read two or three and then I’ll go four days without reading… *pouts*
- The Memory Key by Liana Liu | 1.5 stars – another dud dystopian.
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith | 2 stars – a dull contemporary that disappointed me to no end.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli | 4.75 stars – words cannot even describe how much this made me laugh, swoon and cry. I get the hype now.
- Every Last Promise by Kristin Halbrook | 4.5 stars – the writing style blew me away!
- Amulet, Vol. 4: The Last Council by Kazu Kibushi | 4 stars – back to the usual standard of epicness.
Watched This Week:
- How I Met Your Mother: Seasons 7 | 4 stars – I cannot get enough of this series. I’m in love. Not even joking…
- Grimm: Season 2 | 4.5 stars – Holy shit, I didn’t expect that! This just stepped it up a whole other level. I need season 3 already!
- Into the Woods | 3 stars – the first half was good, but the second kind of ruined it for me. I loved the music – Emily Blunt, man is she incredible! – but I wasn’t a massive fan of this in general.
- It’s a Wonderful Death by Sarah J. Schmitt – I liked the idea so far, but the MC is annoying me.
- Alice and the Fly by James Rice – I’ve heard so many good things about this book so I’m excited to get into it.
- House M.D.: Season Two – I hate medical dramas, but the suspenseful nature of this show keeps me addicted!
- Merlin: Season Two – This isn’t the best produced show, but boy is it adorable. I love the characters so much.